I’m from a Subversion background and, when I had a branch, I knew what I was working on with “These working files point to this branch”.
But with Git I’m not sure when I am editing a file in NetBeans or Notepad++, whether it’s tied to the master or another branch.
There’s no problem with git in bash, it tells me what I’m doing.
- 1How to Install Git on Ubuntu 18.04?
- 1Which is the right way to reflect already pushed changes to local branch?
- 1SVN vs Git: Which One Is Best For Your Needs
- 2How to 'git stash' an untracked file?
- 1How to undo git rm?
- 1How to make git commands shorter
- 1How to change the most recent Git commit message?
- 1git add -A VS git add
- 1Is it possible to view a git log of commits of just one user?
- 2What does Git-blame do?