Ask a question+
$0.94How can I implement a CSS-only slideshow / carousel with next and previous buttons?
- Select a static width and height for the slides.
- Put all your slides side-by-side in a single image.
- Place the image as the background of the <div>. Use the background-position property to define the initial position as 0px.
- Make sure to measure where the position needs to be for each slide, they should be negative numbers.
- Set the length of time in the animation for the whole slideshow to operate. Use the animation-duration for that purpose.
- For the @keyframes, you must do some math. It’s (pics * 2) / 100. Use this as the multiplier for each slide, with “100%” being the last keyframe. Each image requires multiple keyframes to “pause” the slideshow on the image.
You can also try some interesting examples there.
- 1How can I filter questions by programming language in Stack Dev?
- 1Bitbucket and Visual Studio
- 1How to dump and restore database in MongoDB
- 1How to compress and extract files/folders using the tar command on Ubuntu
- 5What is "marquee" tag and how I can use it in HTML?
- 1Can't add AMP Variable for Google Tag Manager
- 1How To Create a New User and Grant Permissions in MySQL
- 2How to selects all elements in a document | CSS
- 1What is the difference between setTimeout and setInterval?
- 3What's the difference between using “let” and “var”?
- 1Abstract and Virtual Methods