You can do git commit — amend for modifying the log message of the previous commit without changing its snapshot. You can pass in a new message from the command line without receiving a prompt for opening an editor by using
git commit --amend -m "an updated commit message"
- 1How to Install Git on Ubuntu 18.04?
- 1SVN vs Git: Which One Is Best For Your Needs
- 2How to 'git stash' an untracked file?
- 2How to Change the cursor to a hand when a user hovers over a list item?
- 1How to undo git rm?
- 1How to make git commands shorter
- 2How change an HTML5 input's placeholder color with CSS ?
- 1git add -A VS git add
- 1Is it possible to view a git log of commits of just one user?
- 1What does Git-blame do?
- 1Git rebase VS Git rebase interactive.