There are a few ways to do that…
For any of the ways, you will need to install Oracle’s VirtualBox application, you can download it here (This link brings you to Oracle’s page, which has a list of a bunch of the Linux Distros, click the link for your Linux Distro, for Ubuntu is should give you a .deb file).
The only one that I will go over is Genymotion:
Install the binary file for Genymotion, you can download it here (They only support 64-bit).
Give execute permission to the .bin file:
chmod +x genymotion-2.11.0-linux_x64.bin(You may need to provide elevated privileges, aka
Run the binary file:
Congratulations Genymotion is now installed!
Now, you need to create a Genymotion account and activate your “Free For Personal Use” license (unless you want/need to pay for the premium license stuff). Create your account here.
Once you create your account, open up Genymotion, and login to your account. Once you are logged in you need to create your emulator. Genymotion has many options, you get to choose what version of Android you want, how much RAM you want it to access, how many cores to use, what displat density you want the display to have, etc. Once it finishes creating it, launch it.
If you are wanting to install apps from Google Play, you can click the three dots (for the menu), and then click the option for installing Open GApps.
- 1How to Install Git on Ubuntu 18.04?
- 1How to compress and extract files/folders using the tar command on Ubuntu
- 1How to Install Python 3.8 on Ubuntu ?
- 1How show all installed packages on linux/ubuntu
- 1How to install git submodules
- 1Convert video format in Ubuntu
- 1How to Install Git on Mac
- 1How to Install Git on Windows?
- 1How to install MongoDb 3.4 on Ubuntu
- 2how to install intel graphics driver on ubuntu 20.04
- 1How to install NGINX on Windows?